Campaign Associate of Democracy Campaigns
The Hub Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprising a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
Our campaigns leverage a mix of grassroots organizing, paid media, and earned media tactics to advance the goals of the Hub and its allies. The Campaign Associate plays acritical role in supporting our democracy-related programs.
The Campaign Associate joins a team of passionate and talented staff from across the organization to create dynamic and effective issue advocacy campaigns. They’re
responsible for supporting activities on our key campaigns, including working on issue advocacy events in key states and nationally. A successful Campaign Associate will be team-oriented, well-organized, able to manage and build key campaign partnerships, and independently lead components of larger advocacy campaigns.
Salary: $55,000 - $57,000
As a Campaign Associate, you will:
- Schedule meetings with stakeholders and local coalition partners in order to facilitate short- and longer-term democracy advocacy programming.
- Assist with internal and external initiatives including events, paid media, research, and digital communications efforts.
- Be a point of contact for all internal team members regarding collective project details and goals.
- Assist team leadership in creating robust and intentional campaign plans, including strategies and tactics, that will guide campaign programming.
- Represent our Democracy campaigns in internal and external meetings.
- Coordinate campaign operating systems in conjunction with the Campaign Manager.
- Support the campaign department leadership with other strategic and operational
- tasks, and all other duties as assigned.
- You are an effective convener and communicator, with both excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are team-oriented, highly organized, and flexible.
- You show initiative and are adaptable to changing requirements.
- You are comfortable collaborating with a team while taking ownership of your piece of a project.
- You are comfortable with fast-paced work, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
- You have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion values in all facets of your work.
- You have 0-2 years of professional experience in advocacy, organizing, or campaign-related fields.
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You have been an organizer on electoral or issue campaigns and/or you have worked in electoral campaigns for at least one cycle.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.