Internship - Democracy Campaigns
The Hub Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Reports to: Intern Manager
Location: Washington, D.C. (3 days in office & 2 days remote each week)
Internship dates: October 9 - December 15, 2023
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Salary: $20/hour not to exceed 40 hours/week
The Hub is accepting applications for a Democracy Campaigns Intern to support the
Campaigns department in the execution of advocacy campaigns focused on educating
the public about structural democracy reforms. Our campaigns leverage a mix of
grassroots organizing, paid media, and earned media tactics to advance the goals of
the Hub and its allies. This is a paid position.
As a Democracy Campaigns Intern, you'll...
- Assist with storyteller recruitment and outreach
- Assist with planning and execution of events
- Help communicate our work to key partners
- Conduct basic research on the media and political landscape to advance The Hub’s day-to- day campaigns
- Assist in drafting policy reports, campaign plans, and/or digital content for The Hub’s various campaigns
- Assist with daily media monitoring, including print, broadcast, and online coverage
- Track and report on the progress of The Hub’s various campaigns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You have a demonstrated interest in progressive causes
- You’re an effective multitasker with excellent writing and communication skills
- You’re extremely organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- You’re proactive with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- You’re a skilled writer with the ability to modify messages and tone to move particular audiences
- You center equity and justice in your professional life
- You are passionate about issues related to social justice
- You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You’ve got a sense of humor, entrepreneurialism, and an openness to evolving responsibilities
- You have experience drafting social media content, graphic design and video editing
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.