Internship - Finance
The Hub Project
Accounting & Finance
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Reports to: Senior Finance Operations Manager
Location: Washington, D.C. (3 days in office & 2 days remote each week)
Internship dates: October 9 - December 15, 2023
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Salary: $20/hour not to exceed 40 hours/week
The Hub is currently accepting applications for the summer 2023 Finance Internship.
The pay rate for this internship is $20/hour. All applicants must be available to take on a
full-time internship for a minimum of 40 hours a week. We’re a fast-moving place that’s
always ready to jump into the next fight, so the right person for the internship is not
afraid of taking on new opportunities to move people to action and quickly respond to an
ever-changing news cycle.
As a Finance Intern, you will...
- Evaluate current finance systems and create new workflows for more efficient operations and processes
- Work alongside the Finance Specialist to support new contracts and remit payments
- Analyze monthly financials and data for accurate budgeting and reporting
- Collaborate with the Finance and Operations teams on miscellaneous projects as needed
- Navigate operating systems and spreadsheets for data entry and management
- Support with a variety of administrative, office and staff management, and business operations functions
- Perform other finance and operational duties as assigned
- You are studying Accounting or Finance or are interested in learning finance and accounting processes
- You have an interest and background in progressive causes
- You work well in teams and are self motivated and a self starter
- You’re an effective multitasker with excellent communication skills
- You’re extremely organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- You’re proactive with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- You have experience working with G-Suite and Microsoft Office products
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.