Internship - Polling & Analytics
The Hub Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Reports to: Intern Manager
Location: Washington, D.C. (3 days in office & 2 days remote each week)
Internship dates: October 9 - December 15, 2023
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Salary: $20/hour not to exceed 40 hours/week
The Hub’s Navigator campaign is currently accepting applications for its Summer 2023
Internship. This is a paid internship at a pay rate of $20/hour. All applicants must be
available to take on a full-time internship for a maximum of 40 hours a week, working in
person 3 days per week. We’re a fast-moving organization that’s always ready to jump
into the next fight, so the right person for the internship is not afraid of taking on new
opportunities to move people to action and quickly responding to an ever-changing
As a Democracy Campaigns Intern, you'll...
- Providing support and conducting background research to help inform questionnaire design
- Reading and understanding top-line and cross-tab data, and learning basic data analysis skills
- Reviewing verbatim open-ended responses from videos or transcripts from focus groups
- Assist in creating and editing draft newsletters or memos, and press releases using polling data
- Proofreading final deliverables prior to public release
- Monitoring public polling for key trends and communicating relevant data to internal campaign teams
- Performing other duties as assigned
- You have a demonstrated interest in progressive causes
- You’re a skilled writer with the ability to modify messages and tone to move particular audience
- You’re an effective multi-tasker
- You’re organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
In addition, it would be a bonus but not needed is if:
- You have taken coursework in statistics
- You have experience with a statistical package such as STATA, R, or SPSS
- You have experience working on progressive issue campaigns
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.