Digital Director, Economic Education Project
The Hub Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprising a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
Job Title: Digital Director
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt, 40 Hrs per week
Reports to: Senior Campaign Director
The Hub Project is looking for a Digital Director to strategize, develop, and execute an
integrated digital strategy for our advocacy campaigns in districts across the country to
advance a fair and more progressive economy. In this role, you will serve as the digital lead,
shaping our approach for social media strategy and tactics, ensure teams across the country
are deploying digital best practices across platforms, brainstorm and implement creative
digital strategies such as working with creators or leveraging SMS, and closely collaborate
with the creative team to develop optimized content.
This role requires close collaboration across the Economic Education Project team,
including members of the communications, research, campaigns and organizing, and
creative teams in order to ensure teams on the ground are able to translate economic
accountability messaging to a digital audience. We're looking for someone who's always
scouting out new ways to reach constituents and brings innovative ideas, tools, and tactics
to our digital efforts.
As Digital Director, you will:
- Lead the development of strategic digital campaign plans and tactics across districts and support district teams’ execution of digital initiatives to achieve their overarching goals, including enabling them to reach targeted audiences across all digital channels, platforms, and content types.
- Lead the development of compelling and optimized digital content across district teams’ campaign platforms (e.g. email, SMS, social, web), collaborating closely with our creative team on graphic and video content.
- Manage and mentor a team of digital managers and associates, overseeing their work and skill development, to best support district teams digital efforts.
- Manage relationships with digital vendors (email, SMS, social, creators, website) to ensure we meet deadlines and get the best possible outputs.
- Serve as a thought leader for EEP on how to best leverage online and digital strategies to meet campaign goals, particularly best ways to integrate digi across our comms and organizing efforts in districts.
- Develop partnerships with peer organizations to amplify campaign messaging and content.
- Keep a pulse on the latest trends, tools, platforms, and best practices for digital strategy.
- Oversee and/or write succinct and persuasive copy for social, email, and related channels.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
- You have 6-8 years of professional experience in digital strategy, digital communications, or digital organizing, as well as social media and content creation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing staff and vendors.
- A proven track record translating complicated messaging across digital platforms and tactics.
- Experience overseeing large political or advocacy digital and social media campaigns and using analytics to inform social strategy.
- Experience deploying content during rapid response scenarios.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Political experience on a campaign or with an advocacy group or nonprofit.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response situations.
- A passion for progressive change.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.