Internship - Economic Education Project
The Hub Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Reports to: Intern Manager
Location: Washington, D.C. (At this time, the Hub is working from the office at least 3
days a week.)
Internship dates: January 16, 2024 - April 12, 2024
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Salary: $20/hour not to exceed 40 hours/week
The Hub is accepting applications for an Economic Education Project Intern to support
the Campaigns department in the execution of advocacy campaigns focused on
educating the public about critical economic issues and holding elected officials
accountable to their constituents. Our campaigns leverage a mix of grassroots
organizing, paid media, and earned media tactics to advance the goals of the Hub and
its allies. This is a paid position.
As a Economic Education Project Campaigns Intern, you'll:
- Support the Hub’s campaign planning process, including drafting and editing program memos, drafting press and policy materials, campaign plans, and/or digital content for The Hub’s various campaigns.
- Provide logistical support for earned media events such as town halls
- Help communicate our work to key partners
- Conduct basic research on the media and political landscape to advance The Hub’s day-to-day campaigns
- Conduct policy research for various campaigns, attend digital progressive movement meetings, and share follow up information, as needed
- You have an interest and background in progressive causes
- You’re an effective multitasker with excellent writing and communication skills
- You’re organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- You’re proactive with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- You are passionate about issues related to the economy and social justice
- You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You’re extremely organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- You’re a skilled researcher, with the ability to clearly and concisely summarize information
- You’re a skilled writer with the ability to modify messages and tone
NVF participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9
information to confirm authorization to work in the United States. Job candidates and employees
authorized to work may not be discriminated against on the basis of national origin or citizenship
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.