Internship - Abortion Campaign
The Hub Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Reports to: Intern Manager
Location: Washington, D.C. (At this time, the Hub is working from the office at least 3
days a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.)
Internship dates: Start on January 16, 2024 - Last day is April 12, 2024
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Salary: $20/hour not to exceed 40 hours/week
The Hub is accepting applications for a Free & Just intern to support the campaign’s
efforts to fight back against attacks on our reproductive freedoms and rights. The
campaign aims to educate the public about who is responsible for these attacks and
share real stories to demonstrate the devastating consequences of abortion bans and
restrictions. Our campaigns leverage a mix of grassroots organizing, research, and paid
media tactics to advance the goals of the Hub and its allies.
This is a paid internship at a pay rate of $20/hour. All applicants must be available to
take on a full-time internship for a minimum of 40 hours a week, working in person on
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We’re a fast-moving organization that’s always
ready to jump into the next fight, so the right person for the internship is not afraid of
taking on new opportunities to move people to action and quickly responding to an
ever-changing news cycle.
As a Free & Just intern, you will...
- Conduct policy research and help translate sometimes dense research into digestible and useful information for distribution
- Assist in drafting press materials including media advisories, press releases, op-eds, talking points, and digital content
- Support storyteller recruitment and outreach
- Assist with media monitoring, including pulling daily news clips and tracking press coverage of developing stories
- Build and maintain targeted media lists
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You have a demonstrated interest in progressive causes
- You’re a skilled writer with the ability to incorporate the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities
- You’re a skilled researcher with the ability to clearly and concisely summarize information
- You’re an effective multitasker with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- You’re well-organized and detail-oriented
- You follow the news and know the media landscape
- You center equity and justice in your professional life
In addition, it would be a bonus if...
- You have experience drafting press materials, building press lists, and writing talking points and campaign messaging
- You have experience working on progressive issue campaigns or at advocacy organizations
NVF participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9
information to confirm authorization to work in the United States. Job candidates and employees
authorized to work may not be discriminated against on the basis of national origin or citizenship
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.