Senior Digital Manager, Abortion
The Hub Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprising a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
Title: Sr. Digital Manager
Reports to: Senior Campaign Director
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Hub Project seeks a highly motivated and experienced Sr. Digital Manager to oversee the campaigns' digital presence and manage online communications and outreach. The Senior Digital Manager will collaborate with our communications team to develop and execute compelling and effective digital programs for our campaigns. This person will help manage and support digital activities, including crafting and deploying social media content, managing and updating our website, and working on creative and innovative strategies to expand the distribution and footprint of our content.
- Lead the development of strategic digital campaign plans and tactics to highlight abortion storytellers and respond to breaking news.
- Manage day-to-day social media programs on Twitter, Instagram, and additional future social media accounts, including writing and obtaining approval and working with the legal team as needed to ensure the work meets the required standards.
- Develop and implement digital strategies to support our advocacy goals, including online outreach campaigns, email marketing, social media, and website management.
- Manage and maintain the campaign’s website, including creating and updating content, ensuring functionality, and monitoring performance.
- Develop and execute an email program for storyteller engagement, including list segmentation, drafting emails, and tracking metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Analyze and report on the performance of digital campaigns, including website analytics, email engagement, and social media metrics.
- Collaborate with the communications team and the creative team to develop compelling digital content, including graphics, videos, and multimedia.
- Stay up-to-date on digital trends and best practices, and provide recommendations for new tactics and tools to enhance our digital presence.
- Coordinate closely with research, communications, and external vendors to execute campaign collateralOther responsibilities as necessary.
- You have a bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing a social media program from ideation to execution.
- You’re passionate about following the latest digital trends about where people are getting their information online.
- You’ve used social media tools like TweetDeck, CrowdTangle, and/or Sprout Social.
- You have experience with content management platforms like WordPress, SquareSpace, and/or Wix.
- You have experience with paid media, production, and media buying You have a strong understanding of digital marketing and social media best practices.
- You excel at creating and managing organizational systems for tracking work products
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- You can manage multiple projects and prioritize competing demands
- You have a passion for social justice and advocacy work.
NVF participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the United States. Job candidates and employees authorized to work may not be discriminated against on the basis of national origin or citizenship status.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.