UNITE HERE seeks a dynamic to work with our Director of Finance and the Accounting Supervisor's team to modernize and manage routine operations in the areas of accounts receivable, receipts, disbursements, and other functional areas in our Finance Department. In this role, you will leverage your expertise in generally accepted accounting principles to maintain a state-of-the-art team that ensures compliance with all UNITE HERE policies and governmental oversight.
At UNITE HERE, we engage in ambitious and innovative projects to support hospitality workers in the United States and Canada. Our New York City-based financial and administrative teams are dedicated professionals with a strong commitment to improving the lives of working people. If you are a creative problem-solver interested in learning more about non-profit and labor union financials, who can manage routine operations and try new things in a fast-moving organization, you will love working with us.
As an Accounting Supervisor, you will:
- Lead staff to accomplish the day-to-day functions of the Finance Department.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Secretary-Treasurer’s Office to develop policies, procedures, and processes that ensure compliance with relevant Department of Labor regulations, Internal Revenue Service and Canadian Revenue Agency requirements, and the oversight of other government agencies.
- Maintain worksheets and supporting schedules for audit purposes.
- Review and ensure timely deposits and recording of receipts.
- Assist with and/or review billable costs and invoices.
- Review accounting transactions for adequate documentation, approval, and accurate dimensional coding.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts and providing detailed updates on all delinquent accounts.
- Document workflows and standard operating procedures and recommend process or workflow changes to leadership as appropriate.
- Train staff and cross-train with other functional areas of Finance such as accounts payable, general ledger, and financial reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 4-5 years of accounting experience
- Experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Attention to detail, excellent personal organization, strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Applications.
Outstanding candidates will also have:
- Connection to UNITE HERE mission
- Previous experience with MIP and Intacct
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000, Commensurate with Experience.
Benefits: UNITE HERE offers a comprehensive benefits package (valued at $46,400 for family coverage) and employee pays 0$ in premium. Benefits include family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, retirement funds (401k and defined benefit pension), and generous paid time off.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Something looks off?