The Bookkeeper is an integral member of our Finance team. Bookkeeper is responsible for basic financial record keeping and analysis in accordance with accounting regulations and policies of the International Union. You will provide your expertise as part of a cutting-edge team as we advance our mission on behalf of hospitality workers in the United States and Canada.
At UNITE HERE, we engage in ambitious and innovative projects to support hospitality workers. Our financial and administrative teams based in New York are dedicated professionals with a strong commitment to our mission, if you are a creative problem-solver interested in learning more about non-profit and labor union financials, who can both supervise routine operations and try new things in a fast-moving organization, you will love working with us. (www.unitehere.org)
As a Bookkeeper you will:
- Work with any or all the following: cash receipts and disbursements, general ledger, allocations and distributions, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll activities.
- Responsible for data entries, account analysis, preparation of schedules, and bank reconciliation.
- Adhere to reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, or annual reports as needed.
- Engage Leadership regarding any cash receipts and disbursements, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll activities or issues.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain financial data security by following internal controls, policies, and procedures
- Perform other job responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- College Degree required; Accounting Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Have good knowledge working with other accounting programs.
- Good communication skills.
Outstanding candidates will also have:
- Commitment to UNITE HERE mission.
- Previous experience with Sage Intacct, Concur, or Expensify
Salary: $54,000 commensurate with experience
Benefits: UNITE HERE offers a comprehensive benefits package (valued at $46,400 for family coverage) and employee pays 0$ in premium. Benefits include family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, retirement funds (401k and pension), and generous paid time off.
Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full time, Hybrid in-office/remote