Senior Engineer (Remote)
About the role
Join our product and engineering team to help us provide free tutoring to 8 million low-income high school students in the U.S by 2030.
As a senior product engineer at UPchieve, you'll be instrumental in whether we accomplish our vision of scaling free, 24/7 online tutoring and college counseling or not. Expect to spend your 40 hours/week on some combination of: driving software development projects, supporting and mentoring the other 2 devs, thinking up and testing ideas with the design and product leads, and working with the broader UPchieve team on product and technical strategy that will get us to the finish line of democratizing access to academic support.
Given our early stage, you’ll influence everything from technical strategy to team culture across the organization. Come put your name on each curve and corner of the world's best tutoring platform for low-income students!
This might be the right job for you if…
- You care deeply about our mission, and you'd chase it somewhere else if you didn't do it here
- You’re excited by the challenge of building a product on par with Khan Academy and Duolingo
- You’re scrappy. If you don’t know how to do something, you’ll find out or find help.
- You are a team player who sees genuine value in helping other engineers improve their skills
- You’re knowledgeable and open-minded. You relish debating trade-offs on both user experience and technical architecture.
- You have high quality standards and take pride in shipping reliable code that's easy to change
What you’ll do
- Think up, design, build, and ship full-stack features and improvements that solve our users' problems
- Own and drive projects from the first idea to the last student's lightbulb moment
- Help others--especially engineers, through pair programming, code reviews, and other mentorship
- Set standards for high levels of quality, performance, scalability, and reliability of our platform
- Think critically about our users, product, and business, asking questions and suggesting changes
- Improve our internal workflow to help everyone ship better code faster
Thank you for choosing to make a huge difference in the lives of millions of students!
Something looks off?