Finance and Compliance Associate
Accounting & Finance, Legal
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
About the Working Families Party
The Working Families Party (WFP) is the progressive party for the multiracial working class, fighting for a nation that works for the many, not the few. We recruit, train, and support transformational candidates up and down the ballot — and run them to win.
We believe that no matter where we come from or what our color, most of us want the same things. We want to earn enough to thrive, not just survive, and leave a better future for our kids. We want healthy food and clean water, safe neighborhoods and a safe world. We want to be free.
The Working Families Party is regular people coming together across our differences to make a better future for us all. We’re a multiracial party that fights for workers over bosses and people over the powerful. We want an America which realizes the promise – unrealized in our history – of freedom and equality for all.
The Finance and Compliance Associate will work directly for CLASI and will not be an employee of Working Families.
Community Labor Administrative Services, Inc. is a non-stock not-for profit company offering a range of administrative services to a wide portfolio of clients in both the Non-Profit Sector and the world of American Progressive Politics.
Community Labor Administrative Services, Inc. (CLASI) is looking to hire a qualified Finance and Compliance Associate with accounting experience to support our finance department’s day-to-day operations. The Finance and Compliance Associate is (1) Bookkeeping, and tracking/invoicing for accounts receivable, and accounts payable. (2) Managing and recording information for vendors, contractors, and assisting in 1099’s and 1096’s. (3) depositing checks at 77 Sands street semi-weekly. (4) Assisting with and compiling/filing compliance reports for state, local and federal entities, following schedules set by the reporting agencies (5) Regular reconciliation of AR/AP and compliance reports with General Ledger (6.) Assisting the Finance and Compliance manager and CLASI department with additional tasks as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Basic Compliance Job Functions:
- Compile information from GL and POL Tracker to assist with and to file
- States that do not need regular reports (states that we don’t always work in)
- States that do not have a lot of activity (PA, WI, WA)
- Dire reports (except FEC)
- Amending previously filed reports (BOE NYS-IE, PA)
- Make corrections to reports as needed (except FEC)
- Other reports on an as needed basis including 24. 48, 72 hour reports.
- Bookkeeping for all state 527s
- Tracking A/R for all state 527s
- Entering and following up on A/P
- Enter and save contracts / W9 information
- Creation of 1099s and 1096
- Check deposits
- Other finance functions to assist with the Finance and Compliance Manager or the CLASI team.
Finance Job Functions:
Skills and Qualifications
- Accounting degree or 3+ years working for political parties/organization with some knowledge of reporting and/or accounting
- Thorough understanding or ability to learn double-entry bookkeeping concepts; (willingness to learn and other skills that can translate into ability to learn)
- Knowledge of Fund EZ accounting software a plus, ability to learn new software
- Detail oriented, organized, possessing the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrates knowledge of multi-entity set up within non-profit framework;
- In-Depth experience using Microsoft Excel and/or Google Drive;
- Ability to communicate financial information;
- Good attitude and team player.
What Else You Should Know
- Location: The position is full-time and based in Brooklyn, New York.
- Salary: The base salary range for this position is $72,000 to $82,000. The final salary will be determined based on an internal equitable scale that takes into consideration years of experience, geographic location, and final job description. We also offer a robust benefit package for full time employees including paid time off; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plan options; professional development funding; and remote work support.
- Schedule: Full Time and Permanent.
CLASI is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to economic and social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to apply for or perform the essential functions of the job should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Application Accommodation" to request such an accommodation.
Working Families Party policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodation under federal, state, and local law. Accommodations may not be possible for positions that require in-person contact with other staff or members of the public.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to economic and social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to apply for or perform the essential functions of the job should contact us at email@example.com with the subject line "Application Accommodation" to request such an accommodation.
See more open positions at WFP
Something looks off?