Accounts Payable / Junior Accountant
Working Families Party
Accounting & Finance
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
This role will work directly for CLASI and will not be an employee of Working Families.
Community Labor Administrative Services, Inc. is a non-stock not-for profit company offering a range of administrative services to a wide portfolio of clients in both the Non-Profit Sector and the world of American Progressive Politics.
Community Labor Administrative Services, Inc. (CLASI) is seeking a dedicated Junior Accountant to join our finance department. This role provides an exciting opportunity to support day-to-day operations, manage accounts payable, and contribute to compliance reporting for our diverse portfolio of clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, coordinate, and obtain approvals to prepare nationwide/project-wide accounts payable invoices for payment processing. Code and/or input for payment. (G/L Code, Department/Campaign/Region/Funding).
- Enter/Upload all Accounts Payable items into the accounting database, FundEZ.
- Review and process expense reports utilizing Certify software or similar AP/Expense platform.
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation of all AP entries to the General Ledger, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Review all debit card authorizations form submissions to the Finance department for proper approvals and back-up documentation. If necessary, communicate with staff members concerning deficiencies in approvals or back-up.
- Maintain Finance Department’s Accounts Payable digital filing system, including recording information for vendors and contractors, including assisting in the collection of W9s, maintaining organized vendor files, and debit card disbursements for all companies.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors, responding to inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Assist Finance team with all monthly budget versus actual reports and prompt response to questions from regional Directors and Project leads.
- Provide support as needed for internal and external audits.
- Deposit checks at 77 Sands Street semi-weekly, ensuring accurate and timely financial transactions.
- Assist the Finance and Compliance teams with additional tasks as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years Accounts Payable experience required
- Attention to Detail: Strong observation skills and keen attention to detail for effective account reconciliation.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently and accurately.
- Technology Proficiency: Experience with AP platforms and accounting software preferred; specifically experience with FundEZ highly preferred. Comfort with Excel and Microsoft tools, as well as google spreadsheets and docs and standard email.
- Communication Skills: Clear and effective communication for interactions with team members, colleagues, independent contractors and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or a similar field preferred.
- Political, campaign or non-profit experience is a plus.
What Else Should You Know
- Location: The position is full-time, based in Brooklyn NY, and requires work to be performed on-site in the office at a minimum of two days per week; the remainder of the week, working from home after the training period. Some limited travel will be required.
- Salary: The salary range for this position as currently posted is $65,000 to $85,000. The final salary will be determined based on an internal equitable scale that takes into consideration years of experience, geographic location, and the final job description relative to other current WFP staff. The final job description may be revised for candidates with additional skills and experience at the discretion of the Hiring Manager. Revisions to the job description may impact the final salary offer for this role.
- We also offer a robust benefit package for full time employees including paid time off; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plan options; professional development funding; and remote work support.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CLASI is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to economic and social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to apply for or perform the essential functions of the job should contact us at email@example.com with the subject line "Application Accommodation" to request such an accommodation.