Southwest Campaign Services Manager
Working Families Party
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
About the Working Families Party
The Working Families Party (WFP) is the progressive party for the multiracial working class, fighting for a nation that works for the many, not the few. We recruit, train, and support transformational candidates up and down the ballot — and run them to win.
We believe that no matter where we come from or what our color, most of us want the same things. We want to earn enough to thrive, not just survive, and leave a better future for our kids. We want healthy food and clean water, safe neighborhoods and a safe world. We want to be free.
The Working Families Party is regular people coming together across our differences to make a better future for us all. We’re a multiracial party that fights for workers over bosses and people over the powerful. We want an America which realizes the promise – unrealized in our history – of freedom and equality for all.
The Southwest Campaign Services Manager coordinates our Southwest Campaign Services Program. Through our bulk purchasing and unique partnerships, this program offers access to do-it-yourself campaign tools as well as full service packages to run successful voter contact programs. The majority of this positions’ time will be spent working to deliver high-quality and cost-effective campaign services to internal WFP campaigns as well as external candidates and partner organizations. In addition to campaign services, this role assists our southwest state teams with digital communications. The person should have an entrepreneurial mind-set that is coupled with a deep commitment to racial, economic and environmental justice within an anti-oppression framework. Above all, we are looking for someone who is proactive with a strong work ethic, a never give up attitude, and a problem-solving approach to big challenges.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Campaign Services
- Work with WFP state directors and other campaign leaders to promote campaign services to candidates and partner organizations
- Coordinate with the national campaign services director to ensure alignment with the full campaign service program and integrate SW offerings into a national model
- Conduct client intakes to assess campaign needs and recommend appropriate services
- Coordinate and implement campaign services with high-quality customer service including:
- Connecting clients with appropriate WFP staff for texting, phone dialer, and Mobilize do-it-yourself services
- Writing phone scripts and digital ad/mail content for full service support
- Working with graphic designers on creative content for full service digital ads and mail
- Creating digital ad templates and designs for select clients
- Working with WFP vendors for cost-effective phone banking, mail printing & delivery, and digital ad placement
- Maintain regular communication with clients on progress and performance of services
- Ensure proper invoicing and payments are made in a timely manner
- Regularly read and attend briefings on research, polling, and messaging to stay up to date on the best practices in campaign management and political messaging
- In coordination with state teams:
- Produce creative content as well as endorsement and victory graphics for social media sites
- Assist in the execution of rapid response social media
- Draft email blasts for mass distribution
- Write and post blog posts and website content
- Use online organizing software to create online petitions & fundraising campaigns, distribute mass emails, and to generate reports
- Assist with the management of social media presence for states in the region
- Work with Regional Director and national Development team on fundraising efforts for the region
- Assist SW Regional Director in the development of budget and revenue projections for the campaign services program
- Work with Tech and Data team to ensure proper data collection and integration
- Produce regular and end-of-campaign reports to monitor progress toward goals and document outcomes for funders, organizational partners, and candidates
- Other Duties as Assigned
Fundraising and Administration
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 4 cycles of experience in electoral campaigns
- Proven track record of writing concise, clear, and compelling voter outreach content and an eye for visually appealing voter materials
- At least 2 years of experience in digital communications, organizing, or marketing
- Deep understanding and experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Slack, TikTok, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple priorities in a fast-paced setting with strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as contribute productively to team environments
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours during campaign seasons, including nights/ weekends, depending on campaign needs
- Advanced computer skills, including GSuite (Gmail, Google Docs & Spreadsheets)
- Experience with graphic design software (Canva, Photoshop, Figma, etc.)
- Advanced level of experience working with VAN, Votivate, or other voter file software
- Experience with mobilization tools (Mobilize, Scale to Win, ThruTalk, Spoke, Action Network, etc.)
- Worked as or for a vendor of electoral campaign services
- Experience with graphic design and/or video editing software
- Bilingual-- Spanish/English highly preferred
- Lives in AZ, CO, NM, or TX
What Else Should You Know
- Compensation: The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $75,000 annually. The final salary will be determined based on an internal equitable scale that takes into consideration years of experience, geographic location, and final job description. We also offer a robust benefit package for full time employees including paid time off; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; and remote work support. Benefits are available after the first month of employment.
- Location: The position is full-time and can be done remotely. We have a strong preference for candidates that live in AZ, CO, NM, or TX but will consider highly qualified candidates from outside the Southwest region. The role requires out-of-state travel.
- Schedule: Full Time, Permanent
- Union Affiliation: WFP is a unionized workplace. This is a non-managerial role eligible to join WFP's staff bargaining unit after six months of employment. WFP's union employees are represented by the New York Metropolitan Area Joint Board, Workers United union.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to economic and social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to apply for or perform the essential functions of the job should contact us at email@example.com with the subject line "Application Accommodation" to request such an accommodation.