Director of Business Development
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, June 9, 2023
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Opportunities to work with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid sabbatical starting at 6 years of service
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
- Grow connections and proactively expand Wide Eye’s new business relationships and opportunities, establishing and hitting achievable sales goals year over year.
- Help define, evangelize, and measure Wide Eye’s core value as a creative agency for good.
- Write project proposals, research and ideate client solutions.
- Prepare and lead pitches and presentations to win new business.
- Identify client requirements and help generate solutions and new ideas to meet needs.
- Collaborate with the Founder, Managing Director, and Associate Creative Director, to set marketing and relationship strategies and internal budgets.
- Present reports on account progress and goals to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Partner with the Director of Project Management to identify opportunities to grow, strengthen, and retain relationships with clients.
- Manage records of sales, revenue, and other important data.
- Serve as a Project Owner for a portion of client projects: help navigate project objectives and challenges, set and track project and budget goals, and seek opportunities for relationship growth.
- Ensure a smooth onboarding of Project Managers to new projects snd serve as a support to them when solving challenges and strategizing on the project.
- Provide feedback and counsel to all management and creative staff to meet business objectives.
- Communicate effectively with internal teams to plan projects, set expectations, and create project deliverables.
- Resolve client issues to maintain and strengthen relationships and trust.
- Support the Project Management and Creative teams in gaining an in depth understanding of a client’s needs and their expectations of our company.
- Negotiate contracts and project amendments on behalf of the company.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the practices of other agencies, as well as within campaigns and organizations.
- Exemplify culture, values, and principles for the broader Wide Eye team.
- Introduce new software and solutions to streamline our business processes.
- Help recruit additional account staff.
- Collaborate with the Creative Directors on evolving our company language and brand image.
- Manage client projects directly, as needed.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years experience at agencies or in creative management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct creative and strategic thinking for organizations and campaigns
- Outstanding writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, and ability to confidently present bigger conceptual ideas to executives and larger groups
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with clients and management
- Strong EQ and team management skills
- Proven ability to work with creatives and technicians
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and high-impact work environment
- Proven experience mentoring or managing other strategists and writers
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Background in social causes and progressive politics
- Love of visual design, technology, storytelling, and filmmaking
Annual salary: $125K-$155K plus benefits