Spanish Program Consultant
Title: Spanish Program Consultant
Reporting to: Chief Advocacy Officer
Location: United States / Remote
Term: Contractor, Minimum Term 6 months
Compensation: Hourly Rate Subject to Negotiation
Deadline: Candidate submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis
WorkMoney is dedicated to lowering costs and raising incomes for all Americans to make American life more affordable and American families more economically secure. We provide products, services, perks, benefits, tips, and tools to help members improve their financial lives, and we have become a trusted source of information about financial matters, economic policy, and public debates about the economy for our 4.7 million (and growing) members. We are in the midst of a growth period as an organization. In 2023 and 2024, we will be increasing our presence across a broader range of paid, owned, earned and shared channels which will enable us to advance our core vision that everyone in America can afford to live a good life. You can find out more about WorkMoney at workmoney.org and Facebook.
Expanding Our Reach To Spanish-Speaking Communities
WorkMoney is currently looking to expand our program and offerings to Spanish speaking communities in the Southwest. Over the past year, we have been helping our members get access to government benefit programs and tax credits using a personalized navigation approach. We help people not only understand the programs and tax credits available to them, but also provide help accessing these benefits through education and outreach campaigns, automated support tools (eligibility calculators, chatbots) and personalized human support (live chat, phone support). Over the past few months, we've already helped tens of thousands of WorkMoney members enroll in new and existing federal and state programs. To date, however, our programming has only been in English. We are excited to be taking the step now to broaden our reach to Spanish-speaking populations.
Proposed Scope of Work
We are looking for a consultant to supercharge our Spanish program in its infancy. The consultant will help us find the right mix of staff and consultants to interpret and culturally adapt our current program to appeal to a Spanish-speaking audience and ultimately to build a standalone program to recruit and engage millions of Spanish-speaking families. The ideal candidate will have prior experience running large-scale, national programs at a membership organization with Spanish-speaking members.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Lead the initial process of converting WorkMoney resources into culturally appropriate Spanish language materials
- Work across WorkMoney departments to develop a detailed plan, budget and roadmap for launching WorkMoney Spanish
- Develop job descriptions, recruit, and hire the internal team/consultants to execute on the program
- Work in partnership with the Membership Acquisition team to attract Spanish-speaking members through digital ads
- Work in partnership with the Engagement team to develop and pilot test Spanish-language content for text, email and social media engagement
- Work in partnership with our team to translate and launch an integrated Spanish language version of our flagship program that connects people to government benefits and tax credits
- Support Spanish language partnerships across a wide range of geographies with a focus on the Southwest
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience building a bilingual program and leading a multi-functional team
- Strong project management skills and experience
- A working knowledge of grassroots and cutting edge digital outreach tools and tactics to assist in the growth and engagement of our Spanish speaking membership
- Works well both independently and across teams
- Strong commitment to improving the financial and social lives of WorkMoney members
- Experience working with low- and middle-income populations
- Able to thrive in fast-paced, diverse environment
- Experience in both 501 c3 and 501 c4 environments a plus
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Fluent in both reading and writing Spanish, and translation and interpretation from English to Spanish
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years experience leading a team or complex project
- Able to commit to a minimum of 6 months
- Flexibility to travel 20%, as required
We welcome submissions from individuals and firms alike, and subsequently created a two-step process that lowers the stakes and initial time investment needed to express your initial consideration.
- For the first step, we ask that you submit a cover letter and resume that articulates your interest in partnering with WorkMoney on our new Spanish language program and summarizes key past work experiences that will make you successful.
Upon review of the cover letter and resume materials, we will invite Consulting Proposals from parties we’d like to move forward with. The requirements for the fuller Consulting Proposal are below.
- Consulting proposal for 6 month term that includes:
- Summary of general approach and process for standing up a Spanish language program
- Estimated outline of activities for the 6 month term and what results / targets you might expect being able to achieve
- Hourly rate
- Hours available per week
- Travel flexibility
- Any additional considerations regarding your availability
- Samples or portfolio of prior work
Thank you for your interest in partnering with us on this work. We look forward to reviewing your application!