2024 State Data and Analytics Lead (comp listed)
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) is hiring a States Data and Analytics Lead for the 2024 cycle. The States Data and Analytics Lead will lead the committee’s support for data and analytics staff working on the ground in Senate battleground states.
This position reports to the National Data and Analytics Director.
- Support the state Coordinated Data and Analytics Directors, including:
- Coach on building strong departments that support all lanes of coordinated campaign programs. This includes implementing data standards, building strong reports, creating systems and managing teams.
- Communicate national expectations on topics such as voter contact universes; work with the DSCC team to hold state Data and Analytics teams accountable to meeting those expectations
- Work with partners to develop and distribute national resources that meet state coordinated team needs
- Develop data standards for VAN and other voter contact tools, provide national VAN administration support
- Build and maintain automated reports that offer stakeholders insight into state program health and performance
- Analyze program and voter file data; build tools to support national program planning
- Create infrastructure and manage universes for paid programming
- Manage data warehouse permissions for state users and onboarding of new state staff onto technical tools such as BigQuery
- Build, document, and maintain scalable code to support both ongoing and one-off analysis projects
Skills and Qualifications
- At least three cycles of political experience, with at least one cycle of experience as a Data Director for a coordinated campaign
- Experience coaching and managing staff
- Advanced experience with SQL
- Experience using programming languages and/or workflow tools to automate repetitive processes
- Experience using VAN/Votebuilder as an administrator
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Collaborative approach to working with other teams and partners, and openness to constructive feedback
This position is based in DC. This position is expected to work out of the DSCC office located on Capitol Hill.
Salary is commensurate with a candidate's experience. We believe that candidates with a variety of experience levels (beyond the minimum skills listed in the requirements) could be a fit for this position. The minimum salary for this role is $114,000 annually.
Equal Opportunity Policy
The DSCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, physical and or mental disability, race, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family status, religion, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DSCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DSCC employee. The DSCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. Consistent with this policy, the DSCC requires that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.