Training Strategies Associate
Reports to: Training Strategies Manager
Location: Remote (NYC office)
Annual Salary: $58,500
GLSEN is a national education 501c3 non-profit organization, leading the movement to create safe and inclusive K-12 schools for all since 1990. We work tirelessly to ensure that all children can have a high quality education where they are safe and affirmed. We envision a world in which every child student learns to respect and accept all people, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression, and in turn is respected and accepted themselves.
Each year, GLSEN reaches millions of students and educators via action at the national, state, and local levels, with leadership from a national network of volunteer GLSEN chapters. Over three decades, GLSEN has improved conditions for LGBTQ students across the United States and launched an international movement to address LGBTQ issues in education and promote respect for all in schools. For more information on GLSEN’s policy advocacy, student leadership initiatives, school-based programs, research, and professional development for educators visit www.glsen.org.
We are looking for individuals willing to think boldly about the future of K-12 education and how best to serve LGBTQ+ students. GLSEN seeks colleagues committed to advancing the needs, opportunities, outcomes, and success of LGBTQ+ students as the foundation for success for all students. We need individuals that work to build and strengthen partnerships that hold and reflect GLSEN’s commitment to advancing racial, gender and disability justice and have a track record of working across differences to advance equitable and just outcomes in education for students experiencing marginalization. We need not just your passion, but your talents, skills and willingness to do the hard work to build a more equitable future for LGBTQ+ students.
The Training Strategies Associate will be a part of GLSEN’s Programs & Power Building team, which ensures that GLSEN is able to provide the resources, training and strategic capacity building initiatives that our constituents need in order to create and sustain safe, inclusive and liberatory school environments for LGBTQ students. This position will work with the Training Strategies Manager to build out GLSEN’s Intentional Inclusion training program focused on providing organizations and institutions across sectors with the skills and tools they need in order to be truly inclusive. The Training Strategies associate will have the opportunity to participate in expanding GLSEN’s training and capacity building offerings.
- Administrative coordination of the GLSEN’s Intentional Inclusion training program
- Administrative coordination of GLSEN’s training bench
- Assist in coordination and tracking of and support for GLSEN’s Professional Development coordinators year round
- Support the day-to-day operations of GLSEN’s capacity building programs for GLSEN volunteer network
- Providing support and managing the full lifecycle of training engagements. Including conducting intake calls, finalizing SOW’s and coordination of training logistics.
Support Content Development
- Tracking of all training and capacity building done by GLSEN
- Provide technical assistance to GLSEN’s training participants, including resource distribution
- Managing the GLSEN membership portal for GLSEN training participants
- Preparing and updating training materials
- Ensuring consistent evaluation of GLSEN training materials and programs
- Review newly created resources for suggestions, questions, and grammar
- Maintain GLSEN’s suite of interactive digital resources for Training participants
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse groups
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills, logistics coordination or event planning
- Lived experience with LGBTQ communities strongly encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of the U.S. education system, current LGBTQ issues in schools
- Commitment to social justice and knowledge of anti-oppression/anti-racist work
- B.A. and/or 1-3 years experience in a relevant field
- Ability to manage time efficiently and support multiple projects at once
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistency in follow-up
- Working knowledge of social media and google drive and sheets
- Facilitation/training and logistics coordination experience a plus
The Training Strategies Associate primarily works in the office. Occasionally travels (15% or more) within the United States.
- Ability to sit for eight (8) or more hours with breaks This is a sedentary position, with standing desks available Must be able to comply with the physical demands of travel This position demands extensive keyboarding, visual acuity required Occasionally asked to lift 25+ pounds
Something looks off?