Community Building Associate
Position Title: Community Building Associate Position Start Date: March 2022 Report to: Community Building Director Location: Remote Position
Founded in 2016, Iconico has worked with organizations and communities of all sizes. Our partners include advocacy, labor, and education institutions. We’ve incubated powerful organizations like Instituto and ALL in Education.
Our favorite partners are the ones who want to create iconic, impactful movements and campaigns. We love incubating big ideas that benefit low-income and communities of color. We believe training and leadership development is a gateway for people to harness their power. We want to help build movements where staff and community members see themselves as assets, creating the solutions we need to right the wrongs in the world. We’re enthusiastic thought-partners with extensive knowledge of advocacy, political, and education spaces. We’ve got a vast network of partners and an extensive library of best-in-class training programs.
Iconico is seeking a community-building associate who will report to Iconico’s community-building director. This position is an associate position with room for growth! Ideal candidates will have to have strong written communication skills and have a background in design. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Co-create social media calendar and its content for Iconico
- Assist in managing and creating content for Iconicos website
- Assist in creating content for Iconicos partners
- Assist in writing copy, email production, and helping develop content calendars
- Co-ideate new ways to engage and onboard various online communities
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon
- Managing, maintaining, improving, and optimizing client social media accounts including content creation, scheduling, and reporting
- Identifying opportunities to create a rapid response and other major social media moments
- 2-3 experience in
- >>> Copywriting
- >>> Issue-based campaigns
- >>> Political campaigns
- >>> Consulting
- 2 years experience in graphic design
- Proficient in Google G Suite
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- >>> Illustrator
- >>> Photoshop
- >>> Lightroom
- >>> Premier Pro
- 2+ years experience of various CRM’s
- >>> EveryAction (is a plus)
- >>> Mailchimp
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in public engagement work, establishing priorities and meeting project goals.
- This position will require creativity and a risk-taking attitude
- Retirement Options to become available
- Flexible time off
- Remote work available
- $500 Technology Fund
- $500 Professional Development + professional development training
- Full health, dental and vision insurance
Please click the application link below and complete the Airtable form.
Community Building Department @ ICONICO Iconico is an equal opportunity employer. Our team works with organizations building power with low-income and communities of color, communities that face social inequities we are trying to address in partnership with our clients. We believe our strength is rooted in the diversity of our team, we encourage a diversity of ideas, backgrounds and experiences, and constantly encourage others to lead with their full selves. Black, Indigenous, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.