Advertising Senior Digital Ads Manager
M + R
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA · Washington, DC, USA · Boston, MA, USA · Remote · Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
We’re looking for a Senior Digital Ads Manager to join our Advertising Area.
When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
- Work that is meaningful. We are a fast-paced, deadline-driven consulting firm that only works with nonprofit clients who are essential to advancing the cause of justice, alleviating suffering, and solving the greatest challenges we face.
- Commitment to Anti-Racism, Equity, and Inclusion (AEI). We envision an anti-oppressive workplace that ensures an inclusive employee experience, promotes equitable outcomes for staff, and supports clients to center accessibility and anti-racism in their programs.
- Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who work collaboratively to get things done and help you do your best.
- An organization that embraces change. We strive to improve and adapt and always seek new ways that we can contribute to a just, inclusive, and sustainable world. We are also continually working on making M+R a better place for our staff.
So that’s us. Now about the work…
- We run advertising campaigns that raise money and create change for our clients. Great big ones you read about in the news and tiny ones you’ve never heard of that are saving lives. Lots of politically progressive groups -- Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, PETA. Environmental groups such as NRDC and Oceana, and our clients also include organizations that are working in the most dire situations in the world such as the International Rescue Committee.
- Day-to-day, we’re raising revenue, acquiring new donors and supporters, winning campaigns and elections, and improving brand and issue recognition.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Work in a team to create and implement effective digital advertising campaigns primarily for fundraising clients.
- Work in advertising tools to implement and/or oversee the implementation of campaigns. This includes display, video, social, SEM, and audio.
- Lead the QA process to ensure error-free campaign implementation.
- Maintain the client relationship by staying in close contact with clients throughout the day via email and phone, leading weekly check-in calls, and presenting at big strategy meetings.
- Serve as the overall project manager for our work with the client, making sure all deliverables are on time and managing up and down as necessary to get the work done.
- Draft media plans, place and monitor media buys, and make budget adjustments as necessary.
- Evaluate digital advertising performance -- produce detailed reports on campaigns and provide insights and optimizations.
- Help drive the creative process -- provide guidance to designers and/or creative project managers to develop effective creative for campaigns.
- Stay updated on digital advertising trends or platform changes to inform best practices and train staff.
- Review and/or create agendas, notes, and data reports for clients.
- Draft and project manage strategy documents such as campaign plans and wrap-up reports.
- Assign and review junior staff deliverables -- providing feedback, coaching, and guidance at every step.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly, including carefully tracking all of your hours.
Skills and experiences required for this role:
- 4-5 years of digital advertising experience, including at least 2 years managing the media buying and ad implementation process for direct response campaigns.
- Proficiency with each of the following channels: programmatic display, video, paid social, and paid search.
- Experience directly in ad servers or demand-side platforms such as Google Display and Video 360 (DBM), Google Campaign Manager (DCM), Yahoo, and The Trade Desk.
- Experience producing as well as reviewing detailed data reports and developing optimization recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to craft meeting agendas to move projects forward.
- Experience project managing all aspects of ad implementation in a highly collaborative environment, requiring frequent communication with both junior and senior staff.
- Experience supporting the professional development of more junior staff or interns.
We love hearing from anyone who strives to make the world a better place! Not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? There is no harm in applying! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply!
Skills and experiences we expect of all M+R employees:
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to gain trust and give respect to others through honesty, integrity, kindness, empathy, and authenticity.
- Acute attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize time to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Proven track record to successfully pick up new skills, including learning new technologies.
- Drive to seek what can be improved and offer ways to fix any potential roadblocks.
- Comfort admitting what you don’t know and recognizing that feedback is part of the learning process.
- Strong ability to relay your ideas clearly verbally and in writing.
- Able to work within equitable and inclusive decision making models in moving decisions and initiatives forward.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Experience working at an agency.
- Experience working with or at non-profits or political/issue campaigns.
- Basic understanding of pixels and pixel management.
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana, Basecamp, Trello, or Jira.
Salary and benefits:
- This is an exempt, unionized position, represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild. The salary for this position is $86,135. As part of M+R’s commitment to compensation equity and transparency, we have a no negotiation policy. Salary negotiations can introduce bias and perpetuate wage inequality. Staff at M+R who successfully meet their performance expectations have regular opportunities for promotion with accompanying increases in compensation.
- Three weeks vacation, three personal days, and 15 paid sick days;
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with premiums fully paid for by M+R for individual employees;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Quarterly discretionary profit-sharing contributions;
- Flexible work schedules and the option to work remotely anywhere within the United States and its territories with broadband internet;
- Annual $1,000 professional development stipend;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit.
We also offer a generous benefits package:
The fine print:
M+R staff have the option to be fully remote within the United States, or work from one of the following M+R office locations:
1101 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC
11 Park Place, New York, NY
262 Washington St, Boston, MA
1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
Staff working from an M+R office are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, and all staff will be asked to provide information regarding their vaccine status.
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please.
Our Hiring Process:
We aim to be transparent and efficient in our hiring process. Each question you will be asked throughout our hiring process ties directly back to one of the skills and experiences listed above. In each interview, you will be asked to provide examples of these skills and experiences or how you would draw on your experience to handle a scenario commonly found at M+R. Our typical hiring process includes:
1) Phone Interview
2) Written Skills Assessment
3) Video Interview(s)
4) Reference Check
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to being an anti-racist, equitable, and inclusive organization where all staff feel welcomed, valued, and empowered, resulting in meaningful, rewarding, and enriching experiences throughout their careers here. We work to center our AEI values in all aspects of our work, so our culture, clientele, policies, and practices are reflective and affirming of people -- inclusive of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, immigration status, citizenship status, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.