Advertising Digital Ads Manager (Electoral & Advocacy)
M+R Strategic Services
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA · Washington, DC, USA · Boston, MA, USA · Remote · Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
We’re looking for a Digital Ads Manager with electoral & advocacy experience to join our Advertising Area.
When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
- Work that is meaningful. We are a fast-paced, deadline-driven consulting firm that only works with nonprofit clients who are essential to advancing the cause of justice, alleviating suffering, and solving the greatest challenges we face.
- Commitment to Anti-Racism, Equity, and Inclusion (AEI). We envision an anti-oppressive workplace that ensures an inclusive employee experience, promotes equitable outcomes for staff, and supports clients to center accessibility and anti-racism in their programs.
- Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who work collaboratively to get things done and help you do your best.
- An organization that embraces change. We strive to improve and adapt and always seek new ways that we can contribute to a just, inclusive, and sustainable world. We are also continually working on making M+R a better place for our staff.
So that’s us. Now about the work:
- We run innovative and strategic digital organizing, electoral, and narrative campaigns that build grassroots power and create lasting change. We partner with progressive groups working on everything from economic justice to climate change to global poverty – think Planned Parenthood, big national unions, NRDC, healthcare advocacy groups, and more. We work exclusively with outside organizations, not candidate campaigns, because our goal is not just to win an election but to build long-term organizing infrastructure that can hold people in power accountable.
- Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to drive the narrative, influence policy, hold corporations and politicians accountable, recruit activists, make the most of news moments, and leave no idea unconsidered that might build power. We have a particular focus on developing new models to mobilize infrequent voters of color.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Work in advertising tools to implement and optimize digital advertising campaigns across our clients. This includes display/retargeting, video, mobile, SEM, and Facebook advertising.
- Place and monitor media buys – and make adjustments as necessary to optimize results.
- Evaluate digital advertising performance – produce detailed reports on campaigns.
- Project management: Keep task lists, meetings agendas, and communications calendars across your clients.
- Participate in client strategy and media planning meetings.
- Research new advertising venues and stay abreast of online advertising trends; develop and maintain relationships with vendors and partners.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly, including carefully tracking all of your hours.
Skills and experiences required for this role:
- 2-4 years of digital marketing experience, including at least 1 year in a dedicated digital advertising role focused on media buying or trafficking.
- 1 year of work experience with candidate campaigns, issue advocacy organizations, or with agencies that work with these clients.
- Proficiency in any of the following: programmatic display, paid social, or paid search.
- Familiarity with all aspects of ad campaign management: campaign setup, ad trafficking, optimizations and reporting and analysis.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data in reporting systems such as Excel.
We love hearing from anyone who strives to make the world a better place! Not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? There is no harm in applying! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply!
Skills and experiences we expect of all M+R employees:
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to gain trust and give respect to others through honesty, integrity, kindness, empathy, and authenticity.
- Acute attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize time to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Proven track record to successfully pick up new skills, including learning new technologies.
- Drive to seek what can be improved and offer ways to fix any potential roadblocks.
- Comfort admitting what you don’t know and recognizing that feedback is part of the learning process.
- Strong ability to relay your ideas clearly verbally and in writing.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Experience using one of the following ad serving systems: Google Campaign Manager, Google Ads, Verizon (formerly Oath), or Facebook Ads Manager.
- Experience working at an agency.
- Basic understanding of pixel and pixel management.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is an exempt, unionized position, represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild. The salary for this position is $73,730. As part of M+R’s commitment to compensation equity and transparency, we have a no negotiation policy. Salary negotiations can introduce bias and perpetuate wage inequality. Staff at M+R who successfully meet their performance expectations have regular opportunities for promotion with accompanying increases in compensation.
- Three weeks vacation as well as 15 paid sick days and three personal days;
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with premiums fully paid for by M+R for individual employees;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Quarterly discretionary profit-sharing contributions;
- Flexible work schedules and the option to work remotely anywhere within the United States and its territories with broadband internet;
- Annual $1,000 professional development stipend;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit.
We also offer a generous benefits package:
The fine print:
M+R staff have the option to be fully remote within the United States, or work from one of the following M+R office locations:
1101 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC
11 Park Place, New York, NY
262 Washington St, Boston, MA
1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
Staff working from an M+R office are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, and all staff will be asked to provide information regarding their vaccine status.
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please.
Our Hiring Process:
We aim to be transparent and efficient in our hiring process. Each question you will be asked throughout our hiring process ties directly back to one of the skills and experiences listed above. In each interview, you will be asked to provide examples of these skills and experiences or how you would draw on your experience to handle a scenario commonly found at M+R. Our typical hiring process includes:
1) Phone Interview
2) Written Skills Assessment
3) Video Interview(s)
4) Reference Check
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to being an anti-racist, equitable, and inclusive organization where all staff feel welcomed, valued, and empowered, resulting in meaningful, rewarding, and enriching experiences throughout their careers here. We work to center our AEI values in all aspects of our work, so our culture, clientele, policies, and practices are reflective and affirming of people -- inclusive of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, immigration status, citizenship status, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
See more open positions at M+R Strategic Services
Something looks off?