Business Development Officer
Location: Lagos- Amuwo-odofin, Ojodu, Ikorodu and Kano
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for business development officers with a strong growth-oriented mindset to join our team and champion our expansion to Nigeria.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is an organisation dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years have grown to support over 1.5 million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.Our work is funded by USAID Development Innovation Ventures, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, Pfizer, and others, and we are starting to build partnerships with multilateral global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and national health insurance funds. We use data from our point of sale software to design programs that leverage financial incentives to improve uptake of high impact health products. And we measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for low-income patients across Africa.
About the role
We are looking for enthusiastic and diligent team members who will join our team with a focus on growing our customer base in Nigeria. The candidate should have experience in sales and customer acquisition, lead generation, converting sales, and working collaboratively with other members of the sales team. Reps should enjoy a fast-paced working environment, love working with and interacting with customers, and contributing to creating a vibrant customer support culture at Maisha Meds. You should be a strong communicator, and driven to innovate new solutions on the go.
- Adeptly plan and organise yourself and your selling activities daily and weekly
- Map facilities, conduct regular outreach, and foster a network for referrals to generate leads
- Present, promote and sell our software and the corresponding hardware using a question-led, active listening approach to selling
- Expertly master our product knowledge to accurately inform and educate prospective customers
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- On our CRM, HubSpot, regularly track your activities, deals and pipeline
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Degree (minimum) in business, customer service, pharmacy business or other related fields
- Tech conversant and ability to quickly learn and become a proficient user of both our app and internal tools.
- Active listening skills..an ability to listen to customers when selling to understand their challenges and how we help solve them
- Experience with sales processes and CRM systems a plus
- Excited and energetic to work tirelessly on acquiring customers
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback, and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with conscientiousness, patience, and a humble approach to service
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
Why You Should Join Us
- On a roll: Doubling year over year with new funding partnerships soon to be announced and recent expansion into Uganda, Nigeria, and Tanzania
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful veterans of Stanford School of Medicine, Google, mPharma, I&M bank. We have technologists, clinicians, and economists working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great funders: We’re backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID Development Innovation Ventures, CIFF, WHO FIND, and Pfizer to pay for healthcare on behalf of patients, with others to be announced soon.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $50+ billion market for healthcare payments for low-income patients, with a focus on paying for health outcomes to ensure patients get better.
- Great customers: Create incentives that ensure our nurses, pharmacists, and clinicians provide excellent care and pay them when this happens.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.