Technical System Manager
Technical Systems Manager -- Programmes Team
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is an organization dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years has grown to support over 7 million patient encounters at ~2000 pharmacies and drug shops annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia.
What does Maisha Meds do?
- A Reimbursement programme - We reward pharmacies and clinics when they provide top-notch care at prices that patients can afford. They can even use the app to restock medications that meet high-quality standards.
- An All-in-One App for Businesses. Our app can scan barcodes, alert pharmacies when items are expiring or going out of stock, and make sales to patients directly in the app. Plus, business owners gain access to a real-time dashboard of their inventory and earnings
- A wealth of data. We monitor important market and health trends in malaria, family planning, and HIV to make sure people get the right drugs at the right price.This is data that never before existed, and we take its power and privacy very seriously.
Our work is funded by USAID Development Innovation Ventures, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, Pfizer, and others, and we are starting to build partnerships with multilateral global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and national health insurance funds to have them pay us on a contract basis for health outcomes.
About the role
As the Technical Systems Manager you will be responsible for administering and maintaining software tools and systems (such as ERPs), as well as providing strategic and technical guidance to clients. You will also be responsible for working with Programmes teams to identify their needs, designing solutions, and implementing them to optimize the tool implementations. You will be the technical lead and liaison with software vendors
- Administer and maintain software tools such as DEAR Cin7 ERP, Shopify, Beyonic, Mpesa Bulk Portal, Google Sheets
- Managing user accounts, security settings, and data quality.
- Develop and implement solutions to optimize performance, including automation, reporting, and dashboards.
- Collaborate with operational teams to understand their business needs and recommend solutions to enhance their tool implementation.
- Customize tools including creating custom fields, objects, and workflows.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide technical support.
- Conduct training sessions for users to increase their understanding and proficiency.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest updates and technologies to ensure that users are getting the most out of the tools.
- Own the relationship with software vendors
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, MIS or a related discipline
- 5+ Years experience in a similar position or in an enterprise technology management role
- Experience managing a broad set of enterprise applications, ERPs, SaaS, CRMs, productivity and collaboration tools, and other emerging technologies. Experience in DEAR, Salesforce, Odoo or Microsoft Dynamics highly preferred.
- Strong excel skills – able to build and maintain sheet that use advanced excel formula
- Good in business process analysis, requirements gathering and strong business acumen
- Good problem-solving skills, a keen eye for details, and excellent communication skills
- There is potential for this role to manage a team in the future - people management highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence users and senior management
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to consult effectively
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward
Why you should join us:
- On a roll: Doubling year over year with new funding partnerships soon to be announced and recent expansion into Uganda, Nigeria, and Tanzania
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful veterans of Stanford School of Medicine, Google, mPharma, I&M bank. We have technologists, clinicians, and economists working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great funders: We’re backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID Development Innovation Ventures, CIFF, WHO FIND, and Pfizer to pay for healthcare on behalf of patients, with others to be announced soon.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $50+ billion market for healthcare payments for low-income patients, with a focus on paying for health outcomes to ensure patients get better.
- Great customers: Create incentives that ensure our nurses, pharmacists, and clinicians provide excellent care and pay them when this happens.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Start date is Sept 2023 and compensation is commensurate with experience.