Lead Vendor Experience Strategist
The Movement Cooperative
Lead Vendor Experience Strategist
Do you want to ensure that progressive organizations have access to the best possible data, technology, and technical expertise? We know movement organizing and advocacy are more urgent than ever and many organizations and activists cannot easily access the tools to scale their work.
Launched in 2018, The Movement Cooperative (TMC) is a nonprofit founded with the aim of creating a cooperative community addressing these structural challenges. Currently, our membership stands at nearly 75 national member organizations and 500 state-based organizations covered under our licenses. We leverage the collective purchasing power of our membership to secure cooperatively held data and technology licenses shared across membership and invest in common infrastructure like technical staff to support our members in their work. TMC is also a member cooperative -- our board is elected by and made up of our member organizations.
The Lead Vendor Experience Strategist is a role which requires a highly passionate, resourceful, organized and ambitious individual with a strong work ethic, strong people and project management skills, and the ability to execute. This position will report to the Associate Director, Vendor Experience, and will work closely across teams within TMC, as well as TMC’s full marketplace.
- Be an active participant in day to day operations and achieving ambitious goals that align with TMC’s mission
- Facilitate thoughtful relationships with existing and potential vendors in TMC’s marketplace
- Support the vendor pipeline operations, including onboarding and offboarding vendors, and bi-weekly vendor coordination calls
- Maintain TMCs vendor feedback loops with cross-department engagement with other teams at TMC
- Supports the Marketplace Integrity Program, including annual equity survey analysis, programing, and resources
- Act as a liaison between vendors and TMC members, ensuring all loops are considered and maintained
- Support vendor contract negotiations, with the Vendor Experience Manager for both current and prospective vendors
- Work with the Senior Program Manager, Contracts to maintain our vendor contract management system
- Track usage metrics for our marketplace, in partnership with finance to inform negotiations and opportunities moving forward.
- Support the planning of the annual General Assembly/conference.
- Experience in movement/progressive technology
- Proactive, growth-oriented, pragmatic and detail-oriented project management skills
- Fluent in equity concepts and language, understands their own privilege and power, and is able to bring equity impact analysis to life in the context of their tasks
- Dedicated to progressive issues, campaigns, and organizations
- Creative collaborator within a remote team
- A diligent and conscientious interpersonal savvy; overt willingness to act as cross-functional worker who never sees something as beyond their purview
- Cares deeply about getting results, stays attentive to all specific tasks/follow-up items, and consistently meet deadlines
- Passionate about evaluating new and emergent technologies
We especially encourage applications from people who have any of these additional qualifications:
- Worked within a cooperative governance organization
- Fluency in the work of progressive organizations (advocacy, electoral work, membership recruitment, fundraising, organizing, and strategy)
- Experience with project management software, particularly Asana
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer
While a very young organization, The Movement Cooperative is dedicated to providing all employees a competitive salary, world-class healthcare, dental and vision benefits, retirement, unlimited paid vacation and sick days, flexible holidays, and all-staff holidays, remote virtual office, paid parental and adoption family leaves, and health and wellness benefits. The salary for this position is 81,200 - 96,425. This is a full-time exempt position.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this role and your qualifications, in PDF format.
Here’s what you can expect from our interview process:
- Application Review
- Phone Screening ~15-25 minutes
- Materials Submission
- Panel interview ~60 minutes
- Interview with Chief eXperience Officer - 30 minutes
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
The Movement Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
The Movement Cooperative recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At The Movement Cooperative, we have a clear vision: to be the organization where a diverse mix of talented people want to be, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best to our members, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Something looks off?