Member Experience Associate
The Movement Cooperative
Do you want to ensure that progressive organizations have access to the best possible data, technology, and technical expertise? We know movement organizing and advocacy are more urgent than ever and many organizations and activists cannot easily access the tools to scale their work.
Launched in 2018, The Movement Cooperative (TMC) is a nonprofit founded with the aim of creating a cooperative community addressing these structural challenges. Currently, our membership stands at nearly 75 national member organizations and over 1300 state-based organizations covered under our licenses. We leverage the collective purchasing power of our membership to secure cooperatively held data and technology licenses shared across membership and invest in common infrastructure like technical staff to support our members in their work. TMC is also a member cooperative -- our board is elected by and made up of our member organizations.
The Member Experience Associate requires a highly passionate, community-oriented, organized and ambitious individual with a strong work ethic, strong people and project management skills. This position will report to the Associate Director of Member Experience and will work closely across teams within TMC, as well as within the membership community.
- Be responsive on the TMC Slack space. Flag or uplift questions that have gone unanswered. Be a resource for TMC members and TMC staff.
- Ideating and enacting opportunities for developing deeper engagement with members and connect them via our Slack community, events, and other opportunities.
- Use a frame of equity when communicating and working with TMC members in which all of our members feel represented, heard and received in the TMC space.
- Be a key stakeholder in the membership cycle from onboarding, active membership and off-boarding by identifying processes to help ensure that TMC members are supported throughout the membership lifecycle.
- Represent Membership eXperience with member on-boardings /off-boardings across and with other TMC teams
- Represent and reflect the cooperative’s values through member relations in our virtual community, in communications and member convenings.
- Facilitation of working groups and supporting member spaces that emerge as part of TMC work scope
- Update our internal systems/project managers with information about technical issues and useful discussion with members.
- Contribute to cross-functional projects across the organization.
- Support in documentation and updating TMC’s Member Library
- Promotes the highest dignity and care with accessibility at the core of our service with members and vendors, including language, auditory, visual, and learning justice tools.
- Support member feedback loops and help solve the needs of members through deep engagement, listening and responsiveness with excellence and community values centered in the work.
You will need the following strengths:
- Providing exceptional service and membership support.
- Experience engaging via Slack, Google Suite, and Zoom.
- Experience working with a team in a collaborative manner that supports growth and professional development.
- Demonstrated record of flexibility, creativity, initiative and experience building positive working relationships with multiple stakeholders inside and outside of an organization. As well as experience building out processes to improve and streamline communication.
- Experience supporting a community with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
Other Highly Desirable Attributes:
- Proficiency with the technology or data industry; bonus if that experience is with progressive technology and data landscape.
- Experience providing customer service within member-centered projects or membership communities, and or working within federated or affiliate-structured organizations.
- Managing best practices and usage of FreshDesk ticketing systems.
- Background in progressive campaigns either election or issue based.
- Experience working with any of TMC’s marketplace core offerings or civic engagement tools;
- Interest in progressive political landscape and evolving events
- Sense of humor, willingness to learn and leading with curiosity
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer
The Movement Cooperative is dedicated to providing all employees a competitive salary, world-class healthcare, dental and vision benefits, retirement, unlimited paid vacation and sick days, flexible holidays, and all-staff holidays, remote virtual office, paid parental and adoption family leaves, and health and wellness benefits. The salary for this position is $61,814 - $72,116. This is a full-time exempt position.
This position is within a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific terms and conditions of employment may be subject to a future collective bargaining agreement between TMC and the Union.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, in PDF format, before 6pm ET on November 21, 2023.
Your cover letter should detail why you are interested in this role and your qualifications, and provide answers to both of the following prompts. When providing your answer, please keep in mind that the The Member Experience team cannot function without collaboration from other internal departments and our vendors. Our role is to center our member needs with our values and provide the best quality of communication possible.
Prompt 1: One of our 2024 priorities is community building across our membership. How would you create space for caucuses and maintain engagement after the space is created?
Prompt 2: The Member Experience team at TMC often manages cross-departmental projects. Please share a template of a project plan you've developed. (You can attach this template as a separate PDF document if helpful)
Here’s what you can expect from our interview process:
- Application Review
- Panel interview ~60 minutes
- Interview with Chief eXperience Officer ~30 minutes
We are looking to fill this position by February 1, 2024.
The Movement Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
The Movement Cooperative recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At The Movement Cooperative, we have a clear vision: to be the organization where a diverse mix of talented people want to be, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best to our members, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.